I lightened the pictures quite a bit so you can see the dress a bit better. I used a 100% organic cotton jersey knit from Fabric.com. The dress was really great at first, but after a day of wear had stretched out in the most unfortunate way...
Now, I'm a fairly curvy girl, but uh, thats not all me. The sagging and bagging from where the fabric stretched is really pronounced. Before I started sitting down, it looked awesome though. Since it's 100% cotton, I'm hoping that a quick ride in the dryer will help restore its shape. If not, I might try deliberately stretching the bottom to even it out and prevent bagging.
I love the shape of the bodice. I had to use tighter elastic than called for to get it to fit my waist, however, and the bust is certainly a bit loose. I cut and made a 12 straight from the envelope, but I'm thinking I could have gone a size smaller.
I do plan to make this again, maybe cut short as a top. If I do I'll take about 1'' of length from the bodice and maybe a bit from the sides to help fit my small bust better and hopefully give a more empire line.
Overall, it's comfy and easy to throw on, which is exactly what I wanted. I wore it with cute blueish earrings and sandals.
The pattern review is here. I was the first to review it!