4.26.2010

Prom & new projects

Prom was last weekend and I just wanted to share a quick picture. The dress is Adian Mattox. The theme was arabian nights, and this prompted me to get mehndi done on my hand. I've wanted it for a while and haven't had a reason. I met a wonderful Indian woman at my favorite Indian food restaurant in Tempe who mentioned that she does henna. Her English is limited, which made the experience exciting because I honestly had no idea what I was getting.


This was the final result. I loved it. It's been on for over a week now and still looks fresh. The boyfriend and I had a really great time, and you could really tell that StuGo went over their ridiculous 23,000 budget. 

For now, I'm trying to decide on my next project. Either the striped version of the HP Riviera T shirt, or New Look 6178 view E, a short wrap skirt suitable for my border print rayon challis from fabric.com.

4 comments:

  1. I saw your post on Sew Retro and wanted to stop by and check out the blog. Very cute stuff your making. I am learning to sew myself. I am working on my first apron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your skirt you posted on Sew Retro. Love your prom picture, too. Nice to meet you. Pay me a visit when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is interesting and I like your projects! I'm going to add you to mine so I can keep reading!

    ReplyDelete