4.20.2010

Skirts

In order from oldest to most currently completed.

New Look 6873 view B, minus the ribbon, in a cotton swiss dot print from Fabric.com. I was too terribly lazy to iron it tonight, but the pleats came out nicely. Theyre as even as I could ask for on a first try.


The Goodwill pillowcase in gorgeous green tree print was turned into a skirt, most easily I might ad. To make this drindl-style skirt I tore out the side seam and cut the narrow end open, cut about 2'' off for the waistband and gathered the rest lightly. I'm really happy with the shape, tulip-y but high waisted enough to be flattering. I'm deffinantly on the lookout for other fun pillowcases.



See how cute the print is? I love tree trunks.




The final skirt was inspired by Modcloth.com's Spray Paint Skirt


It's pretty much a skirt with two rows of elastic at the waistband. Looked easy enough to replicate.


Mine has a lot more fabric gathered. It's made from a 100% cotton quilting fabric I purchased in Chico over spring break. The print is very retro, cute greenish circles with white dots. 
I think my version could have used some sha[ing and an actual pattern like the photo, but I'll be content for one nights' work.

I'd love to hear some feedback regarding the skirts. I'm here to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment